Viết theo cấu trúc USED TO
S + STOP + V-ING
S + NO LONGER V
S + DON’T + V + ANY MORE
DOESN’T ANY LONGER
S + USED TO + V
He has stopped/ given up smoking now.
He no longer smokes.
He doesn’t smoke any more/ any longer.
⇒He used to smoke.
- Cấu trúc used to V dùng để diễn tả một thói quen trong quá khứ nhưng bây giờ không còn nữa.
- No longer = not…any longer = not… any more: Không còn nữa à Khi sử dụng cấu trúc used to thì bỏ các cụm từ này đi.
- My husband has given up working in that company.
My husband used to work in that company.
- They have given up chatting with each other for hours.
They used to chat with each other for hours.
- My sister has given up eating sweets before going to bed.
My sister used to eat sweets before going to bed.
- He has stopped going fishing in that area.
He used to go fishing in that area.
- We have given up playing cards for money.
We used to play cards for money.
- My mother has given up talking too much about the same things.
My mother used to talk too much about the same things.
- I have given up cycling to school.
I used to cycle to school.
- They have stopped going out too late at night.
They used to go out too late at night.
- We don’t eat chocolate any more
We used to eat chocolate
- They don’t love each other any longer.
They used to love each other.