I prefer tea to coffee.
I would rather drink tea than drink coffee.
- Sử dụng prefer …TO và would rather…THAN
- Prefer dùng được với một danh từ nhưng khi chuyển sang cấu trúc would rather thì phải thêm động từ phù hợp.
- She prefers staying at home to going to the market.
She’d rather stay at home than go to the market.
- We prefer English to French.
We’d rather learn English than learn French.
- We would rather work than rest.
We prefer working to resting.
- She prefers drinking orange juice to eating mangoes.
She’d rather drink orange juice than eat mangoes.
- He would rather watch TV than listen to music.
He prefers watching TV to listening to music.
- I prefer driving to travelling by train.
I’d rather drive than travel by train.
- I’d rather go to the cinema than go out for a drink this evening.
I prefer going to the cinema to going out for a drink this evening.
- We’d rather have dinner at home than eat out.
We prefer having dinner at home to eating out.
- They prefer leaving now to leaving later.
They’d rather leave now than leave later.
- They prefer getting a taxi to walking home.
They’d rather get a taxi than walk home