Viết theo cấu trúc Mệnh đề quan hệ – các trường hợp đặc biệt (Relative clauses – special cases)
- All, anyone/anything, everyone/everything, the only thing, the best (và các trường hợp so sánh hơn nhất khác) + WHO/ THAT (chỉ người) hoặc + THAT (chỉ vật)
All that happened was that/ which they had a little argument.
All (that/which) I need to do now is to buy my ticket.
Everyone who came to the party really enjoyed it.
Everyone (who/that) I met said they were enjoying themselves.
- A few, several, some, many, much, most, all, none, either/neither, half, a number, the biggest (và các trường hợp so sánh hơn nhất khác) + OF WHOM/WHICH:
My two cousins, neither of whom I have seen for ten years, are coming to visit next week.
Her old letters, some of which have now been lost, make very interesting reading.
- Sau anything, everything, the only thing + THAT
- Sau giới từ không dùng THAT
Rewrite the sentences making the second sentence into a relative clause
- You shouldn’t listen to anything. He says it.
- It was nice to see all his family. I have met most of them before.
- The worst thing is that we’ll miss the train. This can happen.
- I’ve read both the reports. I agree with neither of them.
- The only thing is to get some cash out of the bank. I need to do it.
- The cleaners have decided to take industrial action. Several of them have complained to me about their low pay.
- Everything has been a failure. I’ve done it.
- I’ve lost any optimism for the future. I once had optimism.
- Members of the committee have decided to call for an investigation. Many of them are themselves suspected of corruption.
- The only thing is to give her the chance to talk about it. I can do that.
- Everyone said that Peter started it. They saw the argument.
- Those chocolates were not meant to be for me. I’ve already eaten half of them.
- The management team are all saying the same thing. I trust none of them.
- The cheapest was about £5, I saw it.
- Her brothers have set up in business together. The youngest one is a friend of mine.