Viết theo cấu trúc câu gián tiếp – Một số động từ đặc biệt (Reported speech – special verbs)
- Offer (Đề nghị) / refuse (từ chối)/ promise (hứa) TO V
- Advise (Khuyên)/ Warn (Khuyến cáo/ cảnh cáo) / + O + TO V
- Suggest (Gợi ý) / Admit (Thừa nhận)/ Insist on (khăng khăng, nài nỉ) + V-ING
- Apologize (to sb) for V-ing: xin lỗi ai vì đã làm điều gì
- Accuse sb of V-ing: Cáo buộc ai vì đã làm gì
- “ I will bring the sandwiches to the party” said Helen.
Helen offered to bring the sandwiches to the party.
- “ Let’s all go to Lisbon!” they said.
They suggested going to Lisbon.
- “ You’d better leave that old flat, ” my mother told us.
My mother advised me to leave that old flat.
- “ Please let me go to Martin’s house!” Said Muriel three times.
Muriel insisted on going to Martin’s house.
- “ It was you and only you who stole the cake from the fridge” my mother told my sister.
My mother accused my sister of stealing the cake from the fridge.
- “I’m awful sorry, I will never again use your car without permission” she said almost crying.
She apologized for using my car without permission.
- “ Don’t cross the river, it’s full of crocodiles”
They warned me not to cross the river because it was full of crocodiles.
- “I’m sorry I’m late”
He apologized for being late.
- “ I think you’d better take the medicine” the doctor said.
The doctor advised me to take the medicine.
- “Let’s eat something and then go for a stroll” she said.
She suggested eating something before going for a stroll/ eating something and then going for a stroll.
- “ Don’t worry, I’ll pay for the drink”
He insisted on paying for the drink.
- “ Yes, it was me who ate all the cake”
She admitted eating all the cake.
- “Red wine is the best option for this dish”
The waiter advised me to choose red wine for that dish.
- “ Why don’t we go for a walk”?
She suggested going for a walk.
- “ Can you answer the phone? I’m having a shower. ”
He asked his son to answer the phone because he was having a shower.
- “ I gave you my homework last week. ”
The boy insisted on giving him/her homework the previous week/ the week before.
- “ Could you come and pick me up from school today, Dad?”
Bill asked his Dad to come and pick him up from school that day.
- “ If I were you, I wouldn’t drink so much”
He advised his friend not to drink so much.
- “ I won’t help you because you didn’t help me”
Joan refused to help him/her because he/she hadn’t helped her.
- “ I’ll bring it back tomorrow”
He promised to bring it back the following day/ the next day.