Viết theo cấu trúc câu gián tiếp – Mệnh lệnh và yêu cầu (Reported speech – Orders and requests)
S + TOLD (Orders) + Sb + (NOT) TO V
S + ASKED (Requests) + Sb + (NOT) TO V
1. Close the door.
She told him to close the door.
2. ‘Don’t be late!’
The teacher told the students not to be late.
3. ‘Please don’t leave me!’
He asked us not to leave him.
4. ‘Could you please carry my bag?’ she asked him.
She asked him to carry her bag.
- Thường sử dụng TOLD với mệnh lệnh và ASKED với lời thỉnh cầu.
- Một số cấu trúc thỉnh cầu:
- Would you mind + Ving?
- Could/ can you + V?
- Will you + V?
- Please + V
- The manager said to his assistant, ‘Don’t be late for the meeting.’
- ‘Bring us the bill, please,’ the couple asked the waiter.
- ‘Open your mouth wide,’ the dentist told me.
- ‘Please turn the music down,’ they asked their neighbour.
- ‘Call me from the airport,’ Peter said to Dee.
- I asked my flatmate, ‘Please go to the supermarket for me.’
- The mother told her children, ‘Don’t talk to strangers.’
- ‘Please look after our cat,’ they asked Susie.
- ‘Don’t ever enter this room,’ she said to them.
- ‘Don’t wait for me,’ I said to him.