Viết theo cấu trúc câu bị động
Cấu trúc chung nhất của bị động: BE + P2
|ACTIVE VOICE||PASSIVE VOICE|
|S + V-S/ES + O
Someone cleans the floor every day.
|S + IS/AM/ARE + P2
The floor is cleaned every day.
|S + IS/AM/ARE + V-ING +O
We are redesigning our website at the moment.
|S + IS/AM/ARE + BEING + P2
Our website is being redesigned at the moment.
|S + HAVE/HAS+ P2+O
Someone has found a small design on our latest chip.
|S + HAVE/HAS + BEEN+P2
A small design fault has been found on our latest chip.
|S + V-ED + O
Our boss founded the company in London in 1848.
|S + WAS/WERE + P2
Our company was foundedin London in 1848.
|S + WAS/WERE + V-ING +O
We only noticed the mistakes when we were printing the brochures.
|S + WAS/WERE + BEING + P2
We only noticed the mistakes when the brochures were being printed.
|S + HAD + P2+O
They emailed us to say that they had delayed the shipment.
|S + HAD + BEEN+P2
They emailed us to say that the shipment had been delayed.
None of their orders had been fulfilled.
|MODAL VERBS (CAN, COULD, MAY…) + V
They will deliver the goods next Tuesday.
|MODAL VERBS + BE + DONE
The goods will be deliverednext Tuesday.
|BE GOING TO V
They are going to delay the shipment.
|BE GOING TO BE + P2
The shipment is going to be delayed.
|PERFECT INFINITIVE: MODAL VERB + HAVE + P2
Someone should have sentthe fax yesterday.
|MODAL VERB + HAVE + BEEN + P2
The fax should have been sent yesterday.
- Chủ ngữ của câu bị động (S) là tân ngữ (O) của câu chủ động
- Khi có địa điểm và thời gian trong câu thì thứ tự sẽ là
S + V + O + place + time
- Khi chủ ngữ của câu chủ động là các đại từ không xác định hoặc nghĩa chung chung như they, someone, someboby, people… thì không cần phải để by them, by someone, by somebody…
- Kiểm tra động từ “to be” được chia ở câu mới theo chủ ngữ số ít hay số nhiều
Change the following sentences into active voice (Chuyển các câu sau sang chủ động)
- The runways are being lengthened at all the main airports.
- It is now 6 a.m. and at most of the hospitals in the country patients are being wakened with cups of tea by nurses.
- This notice has been altered.
- The damaged ship was being towed into harbour when the towline broke.
vening dress will be worn.
- Someone will have to be found to take her place.
He was made to surrender his passport
- This rumour must have been started by our opponents.
- Why wasn’t the car either locked or put into the garage?
- Your money could be put to good use instead of being left idle in the bank.