Viết theo cấu trúc BECAUSE = BECAUSE OF
|DUE TO||NOUN PHRASE|
Because he passed the exam, his father bought him a new motorbike.
Because of HIS passing the exam, his father bought him a new motorbike.
- Ngoài because, một số các từ khác cũng dùng trước mệnh đề chỉ nguyên nhân như since, as
- Khi sử dụng because of/ due to mà chủ ngữ hai mệnh đề không giống nhau thì sau đó thường dùng tính từ sở hữu my, his, her, their, our… hoặc sở hữu cách Tom’s…
- Because she behaves badly everybody hates her.
Because of her bad behaviour, everybody hates her.
- I wore a coat inside the house because I feel cold.
Due to feeling cold, I wore a coat inside the house.
- He couldn’t tell you about that because he felt ashamed.
Because of feeling ashamed, he couldn’t tell you about that.
- The boy couldn’t work hard because he was hungry.
Because of his hunger, the boy couldn’t work hard.
- Noone could build the cottage because it rained heavily.
Because of the heavy rain, noone could build the cottage.
- All the cars stopped as there was a cow in the street.
Because of a cow in the street, all the cars stopped.
- Because he was sick, he could not go to class yesterday.
Due to his sickness, he could not go to class yesterday.
- I can’t buy people expensive presents this year since I don’t have a lot of money.
Due to not having a lot of money, I can’t buy people expensive presents this year.
- Because of the traffic jam on the way to the cinema, I was late for the film.
Because there was traffic jam on the way to the cinema, I was late for the film.
- Due to the bad weather, we had to cancel our trip.
Because the weather was bad, we had to cancel our trip.