Viết theo cấu trúc TOO…TO = ENOUGH TO
S + BE + TOO + ADJ + (FOR SB) + TO INFINITIVE
S + BE + ADJ + ENOUGH + (FOR SB) + TO INFINITIVE
- John is too young to watch the film
- John isn’t old enough to watch the film.
- They drove too fast for us to keep pace with.
- They didn’t drive slowly enough for us to keep pace with.
Kiểm tra thì của động từ khi viết sử dụng cấu trúc này, đặc biệt là động từ To be ở hiện tại (is/am/are) hay quá khứ (was/ were)
- The room is too small for 10 people.
The room isn’t large/ big enough for 10 people.
- This test is too dififficult for us to finish.
This test isn’t easy enough for us to finish.
3. The child is too short to reach the ceiling.
The child is too short to reach the ceiling.
- This shirt is too large for me to wear.
This shirt isn’t small enough for me to wear.
- The car is too expensive for us to buy.
The car isn’t cheap enough for us to buy.
- Black is too young to take part in the club.
Black isn’t old enough to take part in the club.
7. The man was too tired to say a word
The man wasn’t well enough to say a word.
8. I think that my sister is too busy to help them.
I think that my sister isn’t free enough to help them.
9. The production is too small to satisfy the need of our city.
The production isn’t large enough to satisfy the need of our city.
10. He spoke too fast for anybody to understand.
He didn’t speak slowly enough for everyone to understand.